CHOOSING A PROPERTY MANAGER
With the myriads of Sacramento property management companies to choose from, how do you select the one that will be most responsive to your needs as a property owner, keep you informed about ongoings at the property, answer phone calls, lease the property, and look out for your legal rights? For property managers in Sacramento, it is critical to find a company that will be as interested in taking care of your needs as they are to collect their monthly management fees.
THE REAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION:
Not all Sacramento property management companies are the same, and Real Property Management Select is living proof of that statement. With over 30 years of experience in property management services, we have raised the industry standards and provided quality customer service. Through our reliable and efficient systems and processes, we help investors get the best return on their investment, and forego the headaches associated with property management.
We also invite all potential clients to shop around for property management companies and compare services to find the one best company suited for their needs. Here are five things an investor should look for in a management firm:
- Open Communication: Handing your property over to a professional management company shouldn’t mean being left in the dark about the happenings at the home. Look for a manager that provides live support at all hours of the day and night, has online access to information regarding the property, and keeps you up-to-date during the leasing phase of the rent cycle.
- Clear Expectations: What you can expect from your management team should be clearly stated in your terms of service agreement. This document should outline each phase of the rent cycle and duties the management team will perform.
- Simple Pricing Structure: All leasing, management, and any other fees should be clearly stated with no hidden fees in the management agreement.
- High Standards: Training, certifications, experience, and an ethical track record matter, and will directly impact your success as a rental property owner contracted with this company.
- Positive Reviews: Since you don’t want to trust your valuable investment to just anyone, don’t be afraid to ask for testimonials from other happy clients.
Real Property Management Select has earned the trust of individuals, investors, and institutions in the Sacramento area. Since our business is based on high standards and integrity, we help homeowners get more from their investment properties. Call today for a free quote: (916) 452-5000.
One of the most complex parts of owning rental property is understanding federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and codes that come with being a Sacramento property manager. Inexperience with these laws can lead to legal pitfalls and headaches, some of which include:
- Failure to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Violation of California Fair Housing Laws
- Violations of habitability laws by refusing to attend to safety, mold, or structural issues
- Hiring property maintenance or management companies that do not follow the proper licensing requirements
- Failure to comply to local or state laws regarding smoke and carbon dioxide detectors
- Failure to maintain an after-hours point of contact and improper documentation of the rent cycle
- Failure to hire a licensed real estate agent to conduct property management activities
- Violating trust in accounting laws by improperly handling security deposits
- Failure to keep personal information confidential
If you are unsure how to handle these and other legal risks that fall on your shoulders as a property manager in Sacramento, it may be time to hire a professional property management company to handle your rental portfolio.
THE REAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION:
Real Property Management Select helps rental property owners reduce the risk associated with owning rental property by providing a team of local compliance experts. This team protects you through a proven process and regulatory experience and offers:
- In-house legal counsel specializing in risk mitigation
- Compliance to trust accounting laws when handling funds
- Eviction Services
- Writ of Possession Services
- Thorough understanding of Fair Housing Laws and Americans with Disabilities Act
- High Ethical Standards
AVOID LEGAL RISKS WITH PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT
Put simply; our Sacramento property management team stays on top of local, state, and federal regulations, so you don’t have to. Since these laws are continually changing and apply to both the tenant and the landlord, our team saves you the headache of studying up on:
- State property code laws
- Local city ordinances
- Fair Housing Act & ADA
- Department of Real Estate
- Tenant screening regulations
- Real estate contract law on residential leases
- Trust and escrow laws on security deposits and monthly rental payments
- Tenant and landlord maintenance laws
- Collection and eviction laws
- Property inspection regulations
With all of these laws carrying both financial and legal risk, our compliance team stays abreast of changes to protect you, your investment, and your tenants.