Moving into a new house is both exciting and stressful. It is exciting as new tenants look forward to living in a beautiful, clean, new house. It is stressful because moving in general requires a lot of work and learning new property management rules can seem overwhelming. When you move in to a Folsom property management rental house, you can be certain that you will understand and know everything that is crucial to being a responsible tenant. Our friendly leasing staff clearly explains all rules and lease agreements so that our tenants feel comfortable in their new home.
Move-In Property Inspection
Upon moving in to your new rental property, you will be provided with a property inspection form. We urge new tenants to thoroughly inspect their new home and look for any imperfections and list them on the inspection form. Take the time to open and close drawers and cabinets, inspect all walls and flooring, test window and door locks, open and close window coverings, test and turn on all appliances and light switches, test the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, turn on water, and flush toilets. Make a list of any flaws you find. This will serve you well upon move out. It will alert our Folsom property management team upon move out that you did not cause these damages while occupying the property. We do our very best to prepare rental properties to perfection for our tenants, but honest mistakes or oversights can happen. If you find anything that is in need of maintenance or repair, please submit an official maintenance request online through the Tenant Portal. Return your move in property inspection form back to our friendly staff within five days of your move in date.
What is a Tenant Portal?
Once your lease agreement is signed and First Month’s Rent is paid in full, you will receive keys to the property. Our friendly staff will also activate a login for new tenants on our online Tenant Portal. Through this online resource, which can be accessed through our website, tenants can pay rent and make maintenance requests, all from the comfort of their couch, workplace, or on the go. Tenants also have the option to enroll in recurring rent payments. This guarantees your rent will be withdrawn from your bank account each month, in full, and on time. Set yourself up for success and reliability. The days of trying to remember to pay rent on time to your Folsom property management company are in the past.
At Real Property Management Select, we like to avoid any gray area or misunderstandings for our tenants. Upon moving in, tenants will be presented with a Resident Manual that details responsibilities and rules that our tenants must follow in order to continue occupying the premises.
- Keep Property Clean and Tidy – Treat your new rental home as if you owned it. We ask that you show respect for the property at all times. Conduct regular cleanings of the property, throw your trash in the garbage can, care for exterior landscaping, and properly ventilate the living areas and bathrooms.
- Utilities – Upon move in, please call the respective utility companies and switch the utilities into your name, effective on the day of move in. All utilities include water, garbage, and sewer, internet, television providers, electricity and gas.
- Rent Payments – The most important task that a tenant can do is pay rent on time. If you pay, you stay. Our Folsom property management team also requires that you obey lease agreement rules if you want to stay, but we will explain that in the details below. We recommend that you enroll in recurring rent payments through the Tenant Portal. This allows for an automatic withdrawal from your bank account once a month to ensure your rent payment is paid on time and in full.
- Caring for Landscaping – Care for the front and back yard by completing weekly and seasonal yard maintenance. Tenants are responsible for taking good care of the yard. Mow the lawn, pull weeds, prune trees and bushes, and alert our Folsom property management team of any maintenance needed to sprinklers or heavy pruning of trees and branches.
- Minor Maintenance – Tenants are responsible for minor maintenance of their rental home. This includes changing light bulbs as they burn out, replacing filters on the HVAC units, refrigerators, and range hoods.
- Homeowners Association Rules – Just like if you were the homeowner, we ask that our tenants follow all HOA rules and regulations. This means keeping up with the yard work, following rules to common areas like the park and pool, and properly storing vehicles and recreational vehicles.
- Report Maintenance – As soon as you find a maintenance issue, please file a maintenance request through the Tenant Portal. Though the issue may seem small now, it can quickly turn into a big problem if it is unaddressed. Look for signs of leaks or safety hazards, which could cause harm to the property or the tenants and report it immediately. If you come across a maintenance emergency, please contact our Folsom property management emergency hotline that is available 24/7.
Owning a rental property takes an extensive amount of time, energy and knowledge. Select works with owners who properly care for their rental properties and helps assist them during the turnover process and when maintenance requests permit. The following list informs you of what our property owners are required to take on as their responsibility:
- Provide and Clean, Safe, and Rent Ready Home – During the turnover process, our leasing professionals at Select work closely with our property owners to prepare the property for new tenants. This includes rekeying of all the doors for security purposes, paint, cleaning, repairs or improvements inside and outside, and so much more.
- Legal Compliance – Sacramento County has clearly outlined the rules and regulations around smoke detector installations and carbon monoxide detectors. Rental property owners with Select are required to follow state, local, and federal laws regarding detectors inside the home in Folsom. Property management staff with Select double checks and confirms that all aspects of the rental properties are in compliance.
- Provide Residents with HOA Rules – As a property owner, no one knows the HOA Rules better than them. The Select leasing staff requires that property owners provide them with all of the rules and guidelines that residents must follow as part of living within the HOA.
Select Resident Club
When tenants pay rent on time each month, they will be prompted to click a link and sign up for Select’s Resident Club. Once becoming a member of the Resident Club, tenants can unlock hundreds of coupons and deals, some up to fifty percent off, which will save them hundreds or thousands of dollars on everyday purchases. These deals and coupons given to our tenants from the Folsom property management team include grocery stores, dining, retail shopping, entertainment, and theme parks.
When a Tenant Plans to Vacate
When it is time for you to move, we want you to know that we appreciate your tenancy. For residents that have paid rent on time and taken good care of the property, we offer you a Payment History and Letter of Referral for your next house. Please contact our friendly Select staff to turn in a 30 Day Notice to Vacate or refer to your Resident Manual for Frequently Asked Questions.
Thank you for Choosing Folsom Property Management, Select
We know that you have many options when choosing a rental home. We want to thank you for choosing Select. Renting a home should be an enjoyable experience where you feel safe and comfortable. Please contact our staff if there is anything we can do to assist you. We hope you enjoy your stay.