Top 10 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Property Manager
In this guide you will find the questions you need to ask to get the right answers to make the best choice for Sacramento rental property management. You need to ask:
- Is the company dedicated exclusively to property management?
- How long have they been managing residential rentals, and how many properties?
- What training/certifications has the company received?
- Who do I contact with questions and how quickly will I get a respond?
- How do I know what is happening with my rental property?
- How long, on average, does it take to fill a vacancy?
- What additional fees will be charged in addition to the management fee?
- How will maintenance costs be kept down?
- How will the company avoid collection problems and evictions?
- How are compliance issues and legal protection handled for clients?
Once you know what questions to ask and what kind of answers you are looking for, prepare yourself for the following types of responses as you interview different companies that offer property management. Sacramento CA homeowners have heard the following:
- “It depends”
- “That is not needed”
- “We don’t have that information”
- “I’m not allowed to disclose that”
- “We don’t provide that service”
If you receive vague or negative answers such as these to any of the questions above, don’t settle. You are looking for accurate, specific, confident, and transparent responses. Sacramento rental property management can sometimes be a disjointed, cottage industry. Service level will vary. Remember that not all property managers are created equal – or even can qualify as “professional.” This means you need to approach the selection process professionally yourself as you search for superior service. This PDF will be your guide.
Download this guide now to protect yourself with a thorough evaluation of any Sacramento rental property management company. You’ve worked hard on your investment. Make sure you hire a professional property manager who will get you the greatest return. A little extra effort on your part now could yield a harvest of positive results in the future.