A reminder from Roseville property management to not fall behind in your seasonal cleaning!
Hello, autumn! Leaves on the trees are turning colors and falling to the ground. The days are shortening, and temperatures are cooling. Each season brings different changes to the world, along with new cleaning reminders for rental homes. Preparing for changes in the weather is a crucial step for both tenants and Roseville property management. At Real Property Management Select, we offer a complete line of services to protect your home specifically for this time of year. Put our experienced team and proven processes to work for you all year long.
While most cleaning and maintenance chores fall on property management, Roseville, CA residents also have responsibilities to keep their rental homes in good condition. Here are 5 steps tenants can complete before colder weather comes:
- Check for anything that may cause accidents, like loose handrails, lifting carpets, or any other structural situation that is an accident waiting to happen. Look for electrical hazards and verify that no outlets feel warm to the touch, indicating something inside is damaged. Inspect fire extinguishers and smoke, security, and carbon monoxide alarms to make sure all units are charged and working properly. Locate gas and water shut-off valves in case of an emergency
- Clean and replace all filters and vents in air conditioning, heating, and range hood appliances. Vacuum vents, fans, and under appliances to remove collected dust and prevent fire hazards. Remember, furnace filters should be changed monthly throughout the winter.
- Ensure all doors and windows to the outside shut tightly. Lubricate door hinges and handles to prevent rust and creaking. Tighten screws around window panes, door handles, and locks as needed.
- Deep clean daily living areas like floors and bathrooms. Scrubbing carpets and rugs prolong their lifespan. Clean traps and drains in the dishwasher, sink, bathtub, and showers. Check all faucets for signs of dripping. Grind ice cubes in the garbage disposal to clean the blades, then flush with hot water and baking soda.
- Tidy up outside the home. Take care of any debris around the home, and store outdoor hoses and other items. If you find any other safety issues or needed repairs, please notify Roseville property management.
Taking care of a rental property home is a job for both tenants and property management. Roseville, CA landlords trust Real Property Management Select with all their property management needs, from frequent inspections to seasonal cleaning. Learn more about our quality services for all seasons of the year.