How do you become a profitable landlord? You must find and keep qualified tenants, plus reduce vacancy periods. These two factors either make or break your cash flow as a homeowner. One easy way to attract good tenants and have them stay long term is by creating a home with the proper amenities.
While investing in amenities costs you money now, it will make you money in the long run. Certain amenities, or lack thereof, can be a turn off for tenants. They make a difference when it comes to tenant satisfaction. As a professional property management company, we suggest the following tips:
- Supply Appliances. A microwave and refrigerator are two appliances most renters do not own. Many cannot afford them and others simply find it meaningless to purchase such amenities knowing they will move again at some point down the road.
- Be Pet-Friendly. Some tenants are not willing to give up their pets just to live in a certain home. If you do not allow pets, you instantly reduce the number of prospective tenants. This means you are potentially missing out on tenants that will care for and respect your home.
- Rely on Technology. People rely on technology nowadays. Writing out a rent check is a thing of the past. The ease and convenience of an online system make tenants happy. It is an important component of property management. Roseville landlords can partner with Real Property Management Select to offer their tenants a user-friendly rent collection system. Tenants can also submit maintenance requests online through their personal portal.
- Clean the Carpets. Clean floors show you care. When you show you value your home, tenants are more likely to respect it as well. Dirty, stained carpet is an unattractive feature in a home. Or better yet, consider replacing carpets with tile or laminate flooring.
- Look for Big Amenities. If you want to buy a rental home, look in a neighborhood with a pool, community center, and gym. These amenities are big hits for tenants. A professional property management company can help you through the process of searching for a new investment property. The specialists at Real Property Management Select are highly trained and have an in-depth knowledge of the rental industry.
Professional Property Management Roseville Investors Trust
With more than 30 years of experience in property management, Roseville homeowners depend on Real Property Management Select to help them operate a successful investment business. Our team works hard to get you a better return on your rental home. Give our hassle-free leasing cycle a try. Call today and see what we can do for you.