Managing a rental home is a complex job. Being a landlord requires a great deal of time, energy, and knowledge of the rental industry. It’s not as simple as cashing a rent check every month and seeing a financial gain. Many things can take away from your cash flow such as maintenance repairs, property damage, tenant conflicts, and even violation fines for not complying with legal regulations. So, how can you protect yourself and your property?
Self-Managing Versus Professional Management
Homeowners often attempt to save money by not hiring professional rental property management. Sacramento investors think they can do it on their own. Unfortunately, many learn the hard way after losing money to costly mistakes. Here are a few reasons homeowners end up spending more when going about it alone.
- Choosing Under Qualified Tenants. A rigorous tenant screening process is a must. Placing poorly qualified tenants carries a big financial impact.
- Not Knowing the Law. You do not want to encounter hefty violation fines all due to not knowing your local, state, and national regulations. The experts at Real Property Management Select stay up-to-date on all applicable laws and ordinances.
- Using a Poorly Written Lease. It is extremely important tenants know what they are responsible for maintaining. Otherwise, tenant conflict is sure to arise.
- Lacking Marketing Resources. Not properly advertising your available rental home leads to extra vacancy days. A vacant home interrupts your cash flow. When using professional rental property management, Sacramento homeowners have access to extra resources to get their listing out to the public.
- Neglecting Regular Inspections. A home inspection helps you catch maintenance repairs before they turn into big, expensive problems.
- Leaving Unattended Maintenance. When you know a repair is needed, fix it. Otherwise, it will end up costing you more money in the long run.
- Paying Retail for Repairs. Partnering with Real Property Management Select is a smart choice to receive the client discount on all services and materials needed for maintenance repairs.
- Failing to Partner with Dependable Sacramento Property Management Company. Investors may think they will save money without professional help, but our experienced team provides what no homeowner can do alone.
Rental Property Management Sacramento Investors Can Depend On
At Real Property Management Select, we want to see you succeed. We run your property like a business, and a business needs to bring in money. Self-managing your rental home can actually cost you more than our management fees. Find out more about our proven processes and hassle-free leasing cycle. Give us a call and see what we can do for you.